في الجزء الأول (قد تحتاج إلى خبير تسويق عبر البريد الإلكتروني إذا ...) ناقشنا متى ولماذا قد يكون من الجيد التعاقد مع خبراء يمتلكون خبرة في التسويق عبر البريد الإلكتروني ومخصصة. الآن سنقوم بتحديد المبادئ التوجيهية التي يجب مراعاتها قبل التعاقد مع وكالة تسويق عبر البريد الإلكترونيأو مستشار تسويق عبر البريد الإلكتروني أو مدير تسويق بريد إلكتروني داخلي. لماذا ا؟
في كثير من الأحيان ، تقوم الشركات باختيارها بناءً على معايير خاطئة ، مما يسبب حزنًا وعدم كفاءة وقدرًا كبيرًا من الإنتاجية المفقودة والدولارات.
Five Things You Shouldn't Do
- Don't limit your search geographically. Yes, the most expedient way to build trust is in face-to-face relationships, but that doesn't mean trust can't also be built on separate coasts or continents for that matter. Keep in mind that what you're looking for is the correct fit. Restricting your search from the outset to a defined geographic area is unnecessarily limiting. With your marketing budget and ROI at risk, the stakes are just as high. In this day of the email and WebEx, communication is easy and instantaneous. In fact, when we do meet in person with our clients (whether they required ad hoc or fully managed services), meetings are usually focused and efficient because we've planned them in advance and time is limited.
- Don't screen out professionals based on size. If you're a small company, you shouldn't rule out working with a gun-for-hire simply because they offer more services and have more experience than you need; sure, you may not be a huge profit center for them but perhaps they have the precise expertise you need.
Similarly, larger clients shouldn't exclude small agencies or independent professionals from their consideration. Talented people at the helm of small shops may have more experience than a localized email marketing professional or the mid-level staffers that would be assigned to you at a big full-service agency. It's the attention, expertise, and ideas that matter.
- Don't make industry experience a must-have. قد يخضع محترفو التسويق الذين يتمتعون بخبرة كبيرة في الفئة إلى التفكير الجماعي الصناعي. لن يعرف أي فرد أو مجموعة واحدة قدر ما تعرفه عن مجال عملك ، لذا يجب عليك توظيفهم لما يعرفونه: فن وعلم التسويق عبر البريد الإلكتروني.
أحد الأشياء التي أحبها في التسويق عبر البريد الإلكتروني هو التلقيح المتبادل للأفكار المكتسبة من العمل عبر مجموعة متنوعة من الصناعات. كل صناعة فريدة من نوعها ، لكنها تشترك جميعها في خصائص مشتركة. غالبًا ما نتعلم من خدمة العميل في صناعة ما يثير فكرة جديدة لعميل في صناعة أخرى.
- Don't ask for (or entertain) speculative work. Speculative campaigns or tests are the bane of the agency business, the same holds true for email-centric ones. Spec campaigns are like steroids, they often overinflate the presenters? capabilities. But the biggest reason not to ask for spec work is that the best prospects–the ones you really want–won't do it. They don't have to. The more they are willing to jump through speculative hoops for you, the more you should be suspicious. If they're ready to give away their work there must not be a very good market for it.
- Don't avoid questions about your budget. Don't let anyone tell you that money (or budget) doesn't talk. Each agency or outsourcer has certain client budget minimums, arrived at through experience and predicated in part by the economy and their current client load. That's why it's important, for the sake of conducting an informed review, that you have some idea of what your budget is or should be. Maybe you?ve had an unpleasant experience by declaring your budget early on or what you thought was too openly (remember the first website you had developed?) It happens. But as a general rule, when you speak with the interested prospects, engage in open dialogue when it comes to your budget. In the end it will save you time, energy, and money.
إذن كيف يجب أن تختار شريك تسويق عبر البريد الإلكتروني؟
- حدد ما تحتاجه. The worst thing you can do is hire for a job and then not let them do it. Do you need someone to lead or someone to follow? A firm that can develop strategy or an expert at execution? A consultant that likes to have fun or one that's all business? An employee to take orders or someone who will challenge your thinking?
- ابدأ محادثة. Send the prospects an e-mail, or give them a call. Spend a few minutes on the phone together and you'll get an immediate sense of chemistry and interest. Ask them about their history, who their current clients are, what their core capabilities are.
- قم بدعوتهم لمراجعة عدد قليل من دراسات الحالة. Keep in mind that you're not looking to see if they have good outcomes to report (all of them will) but to understand the thinking behind how they arrived at their solutions. You?ll learn about their process, what it is, how it works, and how it might fit your company and culture. Is it methodical? Inspiration-based? Data-driven?
When you find a good fit, discuss with them the best way to ensure a long and successful relationship. Come to clear agreement on your expectations for compensation and services. Then fire the starter's gun and let them work.